Here at Maple, we’re proud of our social value credentials – everything from taking on apprentices and employing a diverse workforce to adding value to the communities where we work.
So, we’re delighted to have completed a comprehensive social value question-set to give clients all the information they need to help select us for their projects.
It’s part of our Constructionline Gold Membership – a national sub-contractor scheme to demonstrate we meet industry standards. “Buyers are now increasingly seeking suppliers who can support their social value strategies,” said Maple’s HSEQ Manager, Mark Simpson.
“As a family-run business that puts the wellbeing of our employees first, and is deeply rooted in the local community, we have a long-standing reputation of providing social value in key areas. But by taking part in this latest scheme, we can better demonstrate our social value capabilities, and show prospective clients exactly what we believe in.”
Constructionline’s social value question-set covered a range of important themes:
- Putting robust equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) processes in place
- Providing equal opportunities for minority groups
- Providing good working conditions
- Supporting our employees’ mental wellbeing
- Engaging with local communities
- Working to improve our sustainability credentials