Design and pre-construction services have an crucial part to play on every architectural façade and solar screening project.
In a nutshell:
- Design and pre-construction services help architectural façade and solar screening projects succeed
- The best design teams will combine experience and technical know-how with deep understanding of the construction industry
- Consultation and collaboration with architects and contractors can influence designs that optimise manufacture and installation
- Services include detailed drawings and advanced 3D modelling, design reviews and client workshops, value engineering and finite element analysis
Many people think that project success comes down to the quality of manufacture and installation. These things are important, with the results visible for all to see. But expert design and pre-construction services can have an impact long before a project gets to site – often at pre-tender stage.
Choose the right façade company and their in-house design and pre-construction team will combine experience and technical know-how with a deep understanding of the construction industry to help clients turn concepts into cost-effective and buildable reality.
- Value engineering is a disciplined process to improve the design of a façade to reduce waste and cost, and create efficiencies in manufacture and installation. Here at Maple, we look at the materials, manufacturing and installation methods, logistic, planning constraints and other challenges to find the best solution.
- Finite element analysis is a computerised method for predicting how products or components are going to perform in real-life situations. It’s an important stage in the design process of architectural façades and solar screening products as it tests how the system will react to forces such as heat, motion, vibration or wind.
- Detailed drawings and advanced 3D modelling aid visualisation, accommodate changes and give architects and contractors confidence in the proposed design. Maple will also host design reviews and workshops with clients and architects to get under the skin of a project and optimise the system or product design.
At Maple, we go through a process of consultation and collaboration with architects and contractors to influence designs that optimise manufacture and installation. And although every project is bespoke, we’ll build in standard processes and components wherever possible to achieve efficiencies in time and money.
Submit new questions
Would you like to see your questions answered? Submit them to us and we'll let you know when we've found the answer.